Sunday, October 5, 2008

October is awesome

Saturday was the opening of the duck hunt here is Utah. I have been out on the opening day for the last 15 years straight. Sometimes we have had groups of 8 people, sometimes it has been just me. This year, my dad and I went out. I picked him up at 5:00 and we hit 7-11 for some snacks them drove 1.5 hours to Ogden Bay. When we arrived we opened the doors and started getting on our gear. The rain was so bad, it covered the rear view mirror. Little bitty stingin' rain... and big ol' fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath.


We walked out the dike about a mile and setup and waited for the opener at 8:00 sharp. Once it opened, I knocked down a duck on my first shot. Yea 100%. The duck fell into the Fragmites aka Devils weed. This stuff grows so think that you can walk through it let alone find a duck that may have fallen more then 2 feet off the dike. We shot 2 more ducks that were swollen up but the Fragmite. It was not one of the greatest duck hunt openers but we had a great time.

Today I look like I have the chicken pox from all the mosquito bites on my face, neck and hands.

I love October. Too bad I don't have a deer tag this year. Nate, Jen and the girls will be here next weekend and Nate and I will be out looking for some more quackers.

Oh by the way, we bought an RV this last weekend.

6 comments:

Jenifer said...

Oh yeah, by the way. Love the pictures!

Kim Bringhurst said...

Sounds like self-torture to me!

britaag said...

is that a sock on the dashboard?

Hola I'm Jeff said...

Yes it is a sock. We were using the extra sock to dry off the new electronics in the truck.

scott said...

run forest run

grannybringhurst said...

Thanks for taking your dad. I hope it was fun.