Monday, June 30, 2008
We have a pretty good system for network cabling.
Friday, June 27, 2008
Once I figure out how to convert the video I will post some.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Erick - Auto Repair will come to you
Oscar - Lawn and Yard care
Jeremy - Sprinkler repair and maintenance
Trevor - Electrician
I am still looking for a plumber, tile installation and some general (cheap) labor. I will be glad to get away from a house and yard that needs such a large team.
I am sure this list will continue to grow.
Saturday, June 21, 2008
- Kaylee want to do a Lemonade stand, so we bought her some supplies to make a little money. We spent about $50.00 so she could make $12.00 and some change.
- Kaylee was mixing up the Lemonade in the kitchen when I walked in she was taking a taste off the mixing spoon. I asked if she was going to put that back in the Lemonade? She said "ah nooo...". I then asked if she had already tasted it off the spoon and put it back? She said "ah yesss..". She said, should I dump it out and start over? No it will be Ok.
- Kara almost selling enough items to pay for what she was buying. She was still $5.00 short by the end of the day.
- People (more then one) trying to bargain for something that has a .25 cent sticker on it.
- Old Man River warning me to "Watch out for the Mexicans and Tongans" They will steal from you.
- Listening to an old guy telling me his computer experiences. Then asking for a business card from me (why didn't I say I was out?).
- After stating that I can not go any lower, asking me 3 or 4 more times for a lower price.
- Selling old laptops for a dollar
I am glad it is over and we made a little cash and got rid of a bunch of crap. My dad made a little bit of money as well.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Kim found her wedding dress the other day and Kaylee had to try it on.
Here are some highlights:
- I weighed about 40lbs lighter
- 9 of the people in the video have died
- We were the first in both families to be married
- Only one sibling on both sides had not been married since
- Mullets were in style
- so were suspenders (right Scott?)
- Shoulder pads were a requirement for the women
- Triangle perms were hot
- Puffy sleeves abounded in 1990
- Jeni's posture has gotten a lot better
- for all the time spent taking photos, we don't have a single one today
- My kids have never seen me in a tuxedo
- It snowed on June 1st
- We had to wake up at 4:30 that morning
- I did not have a job on our wedding day or for 2 weeks after that
- We had planned on a garden reception but Mother Nature had other thoughts
- Kim's brother did not attend, but there was a 3 foot tall head of his in the reception line (Why did we do this?)
- Kim's Grandmother decorated the cake with fresh roses that afternoon
- Our wedding Luncheon was at "The Paddlewheel"
- We sang "Happy Birthday" at the wedding luncheon
- The video cameras were the size of the ones used for TV now days
- Kim did not want to have a reception line but was talked into it
- Mindi caught the bouquet
- Early the next morning my parents called us at the hotel we were staying at
- The Brides maids dresses were the colors of Jordan Almonds
- We sent out over 800 invitations to the reception
- Kim's dress was custom made and designed by her
My favorite part of our wedding video is when my mom asks Jenifer to stand up straight. You can see this clip here.
Wow we sure look a lot different now.
Sunday, June 15, 2008
Saturday, June 14, 2008
Tuesday, June 10, 2008
Sunday, June 8, 2008
*** If you work at one of these locations and are offended, then I am sorry ***
There are a few places in this world that I have said anyone could work there without any skills what so ever. In fact, I believe that if you were in an accident or had to have part of your brain removed, you would fit in nicely at these places.
Yesterday for breakfast I wanted to run over to McDonalds and get a hot cakes and sausage. Kim and Kaylee went with and Kim ordered an Egg and Cheese McGriddle. What we received was a Sausage McGriddle, nothing else on it. I then went in and let them know of their mistake. They then gave me a Sausage, Egg and Cheese McGriddle. Close but my wife does not eat meat very often. Good thing I checked as I was walking out the door. 3rd time is the charm. The 17 year old manager finally gave me what we had wanted all along.
Later that afternoon, we were driving over to Devin and Addy's to see their new baby. Kim states that we need to stop and pick up a gift for them. As we are drive we see a Walmart. As soon as I pull in to the parking lot, I can feel my chest tighten up. We are in the truck and parking is not an easy thing especially at Walmart. Once inside, and after hearing the greeter telling a guy waiting outside with his dog that he should move so he does scare any little kids, it is just chaos. We thought the self check out would help speed things along but their scales are so sensitive that it took forever. I can not think of anything worse in this world then Walmart on a Saturday.
Congratulations Devin and Addy on a healthy new boy!