Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weekly update

On Thursday night Kim and I went to the Catholic Community Services Awards Dinner at Little America. This is an event where they give out a bunch of awards to businesses and people who help out CCS. There were a bunch of community leaders, politicians and business leaders there. President Monson was there too. We sat in the back corner with his security guards. I guess our donation wasn't big enough to move us out of the corner ;) Kim and I decided to stay over the night and Spence came and stayed with the kids and played Rock Band until 1:00 AM.

On Friday, we came home and went as saw Twilight. That night we went to Ryleigh's Birthday party at Bounce U. I kick Tawni and Shanae's butts on the obstacle course. 40 year old out of shape fat guys Rock! Kim and the kids decided to go see Twilight again at 11:00 with Polly and Tawni. I went to bed.

On Saturday Morning I woke up at 3:30 and my dad and I went hunting again. Yes I am addicted to hunting, thanks for asking. We met a friend, Dustin who has a boat, out at Ogden Bay. After a 20 minute boat ride we were at our spot. We put out his 100 duck decoys, 10 goose decoys and 2 swan decoys. We were done setting up about 15 minute before it opened and could hear ducks landing in the decoys in the dark. That was cool. We shot a bunch and even had a triple (3 duck shot out of one flock). We saw geese, and swans but could not get them to decoy in. We came home around noon and now I am so tired that I am having trouble typing. I guess I should go to bed now.

My dad still hasn't filled his swan tag so I guess we will try again.

1 comment:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Wow, you are a busy bee! I had a great time on Thursday :)