Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lookin Back

My mother put together a scrap book for each of us kids of different events through our lives. When we go married, we were given the book. They are fun to look through at the things you have done through the years. The rest of my family is upstairs right now laughing at the outfits, short shorts and big hair dos in the photos. I am sure one of the 3 will make a comment on their blog about something hilarious they saw.

For the record:
  • White Bell bottoms with big belts were stylin' back then
  • In the picture of me jumping tires on my bike, I think I could have cleared 3 tires not just the 2 in the picture
  • Everyone in the 80s and before wore short shorts
  • My spelling skills haven't improved that much
  • I used to draw quite a bit (even won a couple of awards)
  • I don't remember too many peoples names from the first grade school picture
  • Disneyland hasn't changed that much in 35 or so years
  • Yes I had big hair (hair helmet)

It was fun to look at the old photos. Thanks Mom for putting that together through the years.

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

I love getting the book out. Don't worry, someone once told me that I too had big hair.

Kim Bringhurst said...

I'm not going to blog about it until we get some of the pictures scanned...

Nathan W said...

If I've told you once...
It's a jew fro, not a helmet!

grannybringhurst said...

I always loved the hair. Or maybe it was the boy wearing it. Glad you have good memories.