Friday, April 11, 2008

Gas Prices

Gas prices really suck right now. It cost me about $75.00 to fill up my truck and I have been doing this every week. A couple of weeks ago, I decided that I was going to start driving the Lexus. We have been trying (not very hard) to sell it and it has just been sitting in the garage. First thing I had to do was buy a battery, then inspect and emmisions and finally pay the taxes. This week is the first week I have been driving it. I had forgotten how smoth it drives. By the end of the week, I had 1/3 of a tank left in the Lexus and my truck is still full. I am hoping to save a couple hundred dollars a month. On days that Kim is not doing any driving, I will take the Prius. I love the car pool lane in the mornings.

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

even after taxes and emissions, you are probably saving money! We hit 3.27 today. I am almost empty and dreading fillng up...maybe I'll start riding Nate's bike to the store.

Nathan W said...

Boys who drive Prius' like other boys who drive Prius'. So when will you "come out" and let your whole family know. I had another thought... What's more gay? A guy driving a Prius or a guy driving a minivan?

Kim Bringhurst said...

...not that there's anything wrong with that...