Thursday, April 3, 2008

Virus'

On Monday one of my clients called and said that the email sent out from this company was not being sent out. As it turns out one of the computers there had picked up a virus. We started checking the outbound network traffic and saw 35,000 spam emails being sent out in 3 minutes. Once I figured out which computer was causing the issue, I had it shutdown. That stopped the spread of more spam. Because all this spam was being sent out from our network, our email server was blacklisted. This means that any email from our server would not be allowed to be received by other email servers. After a few phone calls and some more work, I made some changes that would fix the issue.

Virus' suck! I don't understand the mentality of writing computer code that is so destructive. I guess it is a form of vandalism.


If you don't have anti-virus software on your computer, get some. You can download a product call AVG anti-virus that is free. Google it.


This is how my life is now. I have about 30 clients, some with 80 employees others with one one. I never know what I will face when I wake up in the morning and come downstairs to check my cell phone.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring. . . . . . . .

4 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Uh-hem... people who write software, virus or no, are keeping us in business. Good work though!

Jenifer said...

Good point Kim! And when I mentioned you forgot a date, it wasnt the water fowl opener....
People who write viruses are retarded. Go read a book or do something productive. Yeesh.

Hola I'm Jeff said...

Jen, you must have been thinking of the Javalina hunt date.

Kim Bringhurst said...

I'm completely lost about this date thing... enlighten me!