Sunday, April 13, 2008

The Reaper


Today we were driving around and Don't fear the reaper by Blue Oyster Cult came on the radio and I hear Kaylee in the back seat say "Yessss". I was just looking at Brit's blog and the same song started playing. I have always enjoyed BOC and I guess I was a little surprised that my kids liked it as well. I think it is a song on Guitar hero or Rock band or something like that. I guess that is why they know it.


Last fall I took Brit to his first concert. It was Ozzy Osborne and Rob Zombie. He was able to experience all the things that you might expect when going to a rock concert:
  • Drunk guys wanting to be your buddy
  • Guys picking up on the drunk girls
  • More F Bombs then one could ever expect (thanks Ozzy)
  • Spilled beer on us
  • Second hand pot smoke
  • Standing in vomit (and wearing it on my coat)
  • Girls taking off their tops (she left her bra on dont worry)
  • Fights in the parking lot after the show

All and all it was a good show and I am glad to be able to take Brit to his first Rock concert.

I know my kids really want to see Metallica if they ever come back for a concert. I guess that will be Kaylee's first concert. We will see.

Rock On!

3 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

I guess all I can say is that our kids are getting a "liberal" education around here? We won't have to worry about them sneaking off to rock concerts or buying "unsuitable" music behind our backs!

Kaylee said...

I say we see the Police!

britaag said...

Haha not "unsuitable" to you guys, but "unsuitable" to a lot of other people! ;)
And ya that was a REALLY fun concert, but Ozzy wasn't as good as i though he would be.